Remember Finding Nemo? Pixar's animated movie. As it April's fool day , in French: "Poisson d' Avril!", I figured I would speak about female leadership, in the Ocean!
It is the story of a little clown-fish named Nemo, who disobeys his over-protective and stressed father Marlin, by swimming into open water. He is of course caught and placed, far far away from home, in a Sidney Dentist Fish Tank…(brrr!)
Fortunately, Nemo's father, on his way to save his son, meets a very brave and joyful creature, a female fish named Dory.
It's a story of trust, of empowerment, of Father and Son, of friendship and tolerance,(remember the gang of sharks), of personal development and leadership. It's a typical hero's journey.
But it's also a lesson in communication skills, thanks to the hilarious Dory.
Watch this and have fun!
What does it teach us about communication skills and leadership?
If you believe you can speak whale and if you are fearless and bold enough to speak out and speak up, whales will actually speak back!
- Relax. Take a big breath.Just start. Once you start to speak, it's much easier to keep
- Ask for directions! Be bold and ask the questions nobody dares to ask.
- Believe in Yourself. Dare to be different.Do it even if others tell you you can't, if they think you're ridiculous, like incredulous Marlin (You can't speak whale!). Your heart may beat faster, people will start focusing on you, but do it! Listen to this little voice inside which says Go for It!
- Enjoy your talk. Find a reason to be excited about your presentation.Here Dory has fun doing something completely new and exploring different sounds…She's playing!
- Little fellow can speak to big fellow. If you speak from the heart, you will be heard.Your confidence and passion will engage others. Be ambitious. You too, small fish, little fellow,you can speak to "big fellows".
What about you, do you speak whale?
…Poisson d' Avril!